I recently received the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara in my Influenster Rose VoxBox. This isn’t my first rodeo with Rimmel mascara. The first time I tried Rimmel mascara was when Zooey Deschanel became the new face. Who doesn’t want large doe eyes with lashes for days just like Zooey. Well I did not achieve that with whatever Rimmel mascara I purchased and haven’t tried Rimmel mascara since. ScandalEyes Retro Glam is supposed to give you that wide bold false lashes look. The brush is a big hour-glass shape that definitely does open your eyes. I am happy to announce that I did not have a repeat of disappointment with my second try with Rimmel mascara. My lashes appeared thicker and longer. I did not experience any clumps but had some slight flaking at the end of the day. ScandalEyes Retro Glam is available in two shades Black and Extreme Black.
My October Ipsy has arrived in my mailbox and has been setting for weeks on my coffee for me to review. I just received my November bag in the mail but on to October. 3 full sized products, well worth the $10 a month.
– LA Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes
– Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay
– Full-sized Bella Terra Mineral Shimmer in Navy
– Full-sized Zoya nail polish in Mason
– Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush
Having tried both Birchbox and Ipsy, I must say that Ipsy is winning in monthly beauty subscriptions. It’s strictly beauty as with Birchbox in the past I’ve received chocolate and Luna bars which is nice but i’m more of a product whore.
1) Remove any redness from your face. You want to look pale and almost dead. I used Pixi’s Redness Reducing Primer. When it comes to foundation I went about two shades lighter then my skin. You don’t want to use white Halloween makeup, you are not a mime or ghost. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation and topped it off with Flawless Vitamin Veil by Pixi. My foundation was set by Makeup Forever’s HD Powder.
2) Eye makeup is pretty simple. I lined my eyes with MAC’s carbon eyeshadow and used Gravity a purplish shade from Urban Decays Book of Shadow. I topped that off by adding some MAC Cranberry eyeshadow in my crease. Don’t forget to emphasize under your eyes! Lydia dark circles are emphasized in the movie. I took Cranberry eyeshadow and just followed where my dark circles are. You want to blend, blend, blend because it will just not look good. I topped off my eye makeup with Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara.
3) Second to last step I added chapstick because I didn’t want my lips to look dry but I also did not want any color.
4) Finish off with Urban Decay Setting Spray because it’s going to be a long Halloween night baby!
5) I forgot one last step. Don’t forget to summon Bettlejuice, Bettlejuice, Bettlejuice.
I was lucky enough to receive the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in my Influenster SunKissed Box. I must say this is the perfect BB Cream for a no fuss, easy breezy summer. It’s perfect for a day at the beach or a night out with friends. It goes on sheer and feel heavy and cakey on your face. If you are wondering what a BB cream is then where the hell have you been? Living under a rock? You must have no sun damage, I am jealous. BB cream is tinted moisturizer on crack. Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream has an SPF of 15, evens out skin tone, brightens and refreshes skin. Fresh Effects BB Cream is the perfect lazy girls guide to quick mornings out the door. My only complaint is that they don’t offer it in more shade options.
Again I know its punk but could she have stayed in the eyebrow area?!
The Met Gala is like the Super Bowl of fashion. Celebrities get dolled and and strut their most outrageous gowns like peacocks trying to mate. This years theme was punk and while I am not going to even go to delve into fashion, (I’m letting you off the hook Kim Kardashian) I’m sharing my best beauty picks. Stay tuned tomorrow I will be sharing my WTF beauty moments. Best
Cara Delevinge with her greasy, smoked out eye and sexy tousled side part had the perfect I don’t give a fuck look. I’m secrectly obsessed with her bold brows, if you follow me on Pinterest it’s not a secret.
Anne Hathaway showed up and shocked everyone with her Miley bleached blonde locks. Surprisingly she looks really good with her hair bleach blonde, it’s a breath of fresh air compared to her boring brown locks.
With all the smoked out eyes and nude lips it is refreshing to see Rooney Mara with deep plum lips. Her look is not an unusual departure from her red carpet looks.
This is not the best photo of Kelly Osbourne but it was what I could find..deal with it. I love her smoky metallic eye that wings out and her bold brows (obsession much with bold brows). I also love her crimped hair in a bun with the sparklely headband that I now want.
Last but not least is Emily Blunt. She reminds me of a modern day Jem sans the pink hair. I’m digging the pink liner, it does not wash her out. The Met Gala theme after all was punk.
Can you believe that Christmas Eve is tomorrow? I barely just finished my Christmas shopping today. Here is what I’m hoping the jolly man will bring me this year or at least a gift card so I can get it myself. Whats on your Christmas list? Sa
Bobbi Brown Caviar & Oyster Palette
Tom Ford 4 Piece Lip Color Boxed Gift Set
Tarte Amazonian clay12-hour blush
Lancome Hypnôse Star Mascara Collection
Korres The Best Of Korres Collection
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Welda skin food
Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful bg