1) Remove any redness from your face. You want to look pale and almost dead. I used Pixi’s Redness Reducing Primer. When it comes to foundation I went about two shades lighter then my skin. You don’t want to use white Halloween makeup, you are not a mime or ghost. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation and topped it off with Flawless Vitamin Veil by Pixi. My foundation was set by Makeup Forever’s HD Powder.
2) Eye makeup is pretty simple. I lined my eyes with MAC’s carbon eyeshadow and used Gravity a purplish shade from Urban Decays Book of Shadow. I topped that off by adding some MAC Cranberry eyeshadow in my crease. Don’t forget to emphasize under your eyes! Lydia dark circles are emphasized in the movie. I took Cranberry eyeshadow and just followed where my dark circles are. You want to blend, blend, blend because it will just not look good. I topped off my eye makeup with Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara.
3) Second to last step I added chapstick because I didn’t want my lips to look dry but I also did not want any color.
4) Finish off with Urban Decay Setting Spray because it’s going to be a long Halloween night baby!
5) I forgot one last step. Don’t forget to summon Bettlejuice, Bettlejuice, Bettlejuice.
Can you believe that Christmas Eve is tomorrow? I barely just finished my Christmas shopping today. Here is what I’m hoping the jolly man will bring me this year or at least a gift card so I can get it myself. Whats on your Christmas list? Sa
Bobbi Brown Caviar & Oyster Palette
Tom Ford 4 Piece Lip Color Boxed Gift Set
Tarte Amazonian clay12-hour blush
Lancome Hypnôse Star Mascara Collection
Korres The Best Of Korres Collection
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Welda skin food
Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful bg
L’Occitane Hand Cream Confections
Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Palette
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual
Tom Ford lipstick
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Makeup Forever Wild & Chic Collector Case
Cover FX Natural FX Water Based Foundation
Sephora OPI Nail Glitter
The always popular Clarisonic
Hello Kitty Noir hand held mirror
Sephora Favorites Lashstash
Sephora by OPI 18 piece nailpolish kit
Buxom: Mix and Mingle lip gloss kit
Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil in electric
Laura Mercier Almond Coconut body butter
T3 blow out in a box
I got to attend the first ever Beauty Social hosted by Beautylish. The event was last Saturday and Sunday at the lovely Loews hotel in Santa Monica. The event infused beauty demonstrations, discussions and treatments with social media beauties, beauty head honchos, beauty experts and beauty lovers in a two event that had a goodie bag heavier than me. I only attended Sunday which had discussions featuring Annie and Maggie Ford Danielson of Benefit Cosmetics, a panel discussing Brown Girl Beauty which had Patrice Grell Yursik, Nyssa Green, Jeffrey Paul and Sean Cameron.
I got a fabulous glitter tattoo by the lovely Ava at Urban Decay. You could choose from sparrow, snake or a rose but I wanted to match my sparrow top. The colors are vibrant and gorgeous and last for days. Perfect for those who are scared of commitment of a real tattoo like myself.
Billy B celebrity makeup artist was also a speaker. His most famous face is Lady Gaga but he has been in the game long before. He has graced the beautiful faces of Lauryn Hill, Pink and did makeup for TLC’s “Waterfalls”. He gave the best advice for those wanting to break into the industry as makeup artists. He said “Succes is being the best makeup artist you can be” and “Trends are fun but created by the cosmetic brands”.
The saved the best for last in my opinion. The final speaker was makeup artist, youtube tutorial blogger extraordinaire Kandee Johnson. If you have not heard of her you must go check her out now (http://www.kandeej.com/), well after you finish up here because you will get lost matching all of the fabulous youtube videos she creates. Besides how much of an awesome makeup artist she is, she is also the most positive person and sweetest you will meet. She had the whole Beauty Social crowds attention. She came on stage and didn’t come up with a speech or anything planned, she said “I wing my eyeliner like I wing my life”. Great words to live by.
If you happen to be in the Los Angeles area next time they do throw another Beauty Social, I encourage you to go. You will meet some great people who have a passion for beauty just like you.